Family The Most Important Thing In Life

Modifications Attorney in Hillsborough, NC

Helping You Move Forward

When the need arises to make changes to your divorce agreement, our Hillsborough divorce modifications attorney can help you through the complex legal process. Whether you are seeking to modify your child support payment, alter your child custody arrangements, or adjust your visitation schedule, Browner Law, PLLC is equipped to provide you with the legal representation you require.

Get in touch with an experienced divorce lawyer today at (919) 887-8662.

Grounds for a Modification Request

Life after divorce is subject to a wide variety of changes. Sometimes these changes bring about the need to modify an existing court order. However, modifying a divorce order in North Carolina is not possible for everyone. Only those who have experienced a substantial change in circumstances will be eligible to file for a modification.

Examples of what may constitute a substantial change of circumstances include:

  • Changes in income
  • Loss of job
  • New job
  • Relocation
  • Increased cost of living
  • Cohabiting with a new spouse
  • Illness or disability
  • Child abuse or neglect
  • Change in living situation
  • Violation of court order
  • Present or future well-being of a child
  • The wishes of a child
  • The best interest of a child
  • Drastic improvement in a parent’s behavior

Whether the above grounds will be determined to be a qualifying change in circumstances will depend on the type of family law order that you are trying to change. The court will decide whether these changes have affected the interest of all parties involved and consider what impact the proposed change will have on each person. A skilled divorce lawyer can be helpful in presenting convincing arguments to support your agenda.

Get Experience on Your Side

If you have encountered an unexpected change in circumstances, you have the right to request that a judge modify your court order. Alternatively, if your ex-spouse or child’s other parent is seeking to change your divorce decree and you do not think it should be changed, you can oppose their attempt at modification.

Let the Hillsborough modifications attorney at Browner Law, PLLC work to ensure that your family court order reflects your current situation. We have nearly two decades of experience protecting the best interests of our clients.

Contact our reputable legal team at (919) 887-8662 today to schedule your initial consultation.

Meet Our Founding Attorney

  • Jeremy Todd  Browner, ESQ. Photo
    Jeremy Todd Browner, ESQ.

    Founding Attorney

    Jeremy's childhood was split between Baltimore, Houston, and West Hartford. He graduated from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida, with a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Technology, majoring in commercial aviation and minoring in avionics. While there, he won a major award for analyzing the cause of a fatal air-crash involving two students and an instructor. He decided that a law degree would enable him to pursue interest in aviation safety. Jeremy received his J.D. in ...

Why Work With Us?

We're knowledgeable and confident in our approach.
  • Personalized Service

    No two cases are the same and you will never be treated as such.

  • Preparation

    We take the time to understand your case. We will educate and prepare you for what is to come.

  • Tenacious

    Our clients are like family; we are with them every step of the way.

  • Experienced

    Our founding attorney has nearly two decades of legal experience.